First check the system requirements before installing LibreOffice on macOS.
- Download the .DMG file from the download page.
- Open the .DMG file by double-clicking on it.
- An installation window appears: drag and drop the LibreOffice icon into the Applications folder. You may be required to enter your administrator password.
- The files are copied over and a progress bar shows when the installation is complete.
- If needed, you may now download and install the language pack(s) of your choice and built-in help by downloading the .DMG file of your choice. The installation steps are the same than the ones described above but you must have downloaded the main LibreOffice .DMG file beforehand.
Users of macOS 10.8 and later versions: if you are running macOS 10.8 (Mountain Lion), you may run into a problem with Apple's new Gatekeeper. A solution is: the first time you run LibreOffice, right-click (control-click) the LibreOffice.app icon and choose Open from the context menu. You will be asked if you really want to start the program – confirm this to launch it. For additional details, you may find this article helpful.